The Ohio to Erie Trail and connecting roads are mapped using GPS data. The trail and connecting roads are color coded so you will know the surface of the route.
Also, listed below are websites with additional information about The Ohio to Erie Trail and feeder trails.
- A one mile portion of the Trail is now open along the Ohio River in Independence Park
- There is a trailhead with parking at Avoca Park, and this is an end point of the trail.
East of London to Columbus
- Six miles of Trail was paved and opened in December of 2007. The new paved section travels east from London (Madison County) to Wilson Road in Madison County.
- Be very careful on the street route from the end of the trail at Wilson Road to downtown Columbus. It is strongly suggested at Broad Street you take a COTA bus into downtown Columbus. Each bus has a bike rack.
Columbus to Westerville
- From downtown Columbus to Westerville the trail follows the Olentangy River bike path. The section through The Ohio State University is being upgraded and work is ongoing. Keep the river to your west if you run into construction. The trail will start at either end of campus next to the Olentangy River.
- There are two routes through Westerville. The Alum Creek route is along Alum Creek, Main Street, Cleveland Avenue, and Polaris Parkway (becomes Maxtown Road). The Westerville downtown route follows the rail corridor that runs through the center of Westerville. Both routes link at Alum Creek and Schrock Road on the south and at Maxtown Road across from Home Depot on the north.
- The trail begins/ends at Wiese Road at Old 3C in Galena..
Killbuck (Holmes County) to Millersburg
- Five miles of trail were constructed between Killbuck and Millersburg and opened in December 2007.
- A bridge over Route 59 was opened in August of 2008, and work continues on the dowtown trail.
- The street route through Akron is very dangerous so be careful. Notice that the route is one way north and south.
A wonderful resource is this detailed description of the trail by Carol
and Guy Cocchiarale on their igotabike blog (May, June 2012)
Little Miami: www.miamivalleytrails.org
Central Ohio: www.centralohiogreenways.com
Delaware County: www.dcft.typepad.com
Ohio and Erie Canalway: www.ohioanderiecanalway.com
Madison County: www.fmcpt.com
Millersburg/Holmes County: www.holmestrail.org
Mt. Vernon/Knox County: www.knoxcountyparks.org
Wayne County www.waynecountytrails.org